All the rad posts of ombre coloured hair tips on Tumblr had me questioning the method. I wish I could dye my hair like this but my corporate office would probably object! Boo. The temporary method is chalking. I originally thought this wouldn’t even work on my dark hair but lo and behold IT DOES. Here’s how you do it…
The term chalking is slightly misleading. You actually need to use soft pastels. The kind you get in art shops, not actual chalk – the pigment would never stay on your hair and flake off. Soft pastels are richer in colour, I had some lying around that I got from Cass Art in Soho a while back.
1. Select a small piece of hair
2. Twist the hair quite tightly
3. Dip the pastel in water to get the colour to really transfer
4. Rub the pastel onto your hair all the way round
5. Repeat with other colours as you wish!
6. Blast your hair dry with a hair dryer and spray with a bit of hair spray
This seals the deal and stops the colour transferring onto your clothes. Simple as, and the colour just shampoos straight out!
I'm Elena, blogging on many aspects of my life here in London. Why not. Stick around and enjoy.
Le Blog de Betty
Treasure & Heart
Song of Style
Park & Cube
Wish Wish Wish
Jak & Jil
Fashion Gone Rogue
a glamorous little side project
Push The Movement
Desire to Inspire